No one has exposed copyright insanity better than this guy!
The most obvious and yet most powerful argument against socialism.
If you want to understand how the financial industry works, more specifically banks and why they failed in the financial crisis I really recommend this interview. It's 1:20h long but trust me it's worth it! It will enlighten you.
you must listen to this podcast. The one liner teaser: "Increasing energy efficiency increases energy consumption as a whole".
Here's a radical thought about the ideal democracy:
I think that instead of political parties we should have "functional" parties organized in the same way that ministries are: Education, Environment, Finance, Health, Industry, Labor, Transportation etc.
This way you choose a representative for each of these areas, whose ideas and views you support and agree upon fully. It's illogical to expect one political party/person to actually represent your views on all these different topics. I think this would dramatically change the political landscape for the better. It would get people to participate more because for the first time after "Direct Democracy" you would feel that your voice is heard. We can make our representatives accountable and responsible for the specific task we hired them to do.
The most radical thing though, is that the president/prime minister would stop being some sort of omnipotent person. Instead this person should be an administrator in charge of making all these different groups work together. Not a decision maker but an excellent resource/conflict manager, whose task is to get things done.
This is how my business ideas die every day:
1. What if x?
2. Aha! That would be so cool! It could work!
3. Let me Google it to see if there's something already
4. Damn… It's not so novel after all. Someone else has done it
5. Go back to step 1
Sure, I know that "it has been done before" shouldn't prevent you from following an idea but it definitely kills the excitement! My latest idea? USB shoe charger – obviously, someone else did it: http://goo.gl/wtbvC
Do you think you can sing the blues?
Hilarious write up I think I'm nowhere near to be able to sing the blues, specially because of 20.
by Lame Mango Washington (attributed to Memphis Earlene Gray with help from Uncle Plunky, revisions by Little Blind Patti D. and Dr. Stevie Franklin)
1. Most Blues begin, "Woke up this morning."
2. "I got a good woman" is a bad way to begin the Blues, 'less you stick something nasty in the next line, like " I got a good woman, with the meanest face in town."
3. The Blues is simple. After you get the first line right, repeat it. Then find something that rhymes … sort of: "Got a good woman – with the meanest face in town. Got teeth like Margaret Thatcher – and she weigh 500 pound."
4. The Blues are not about choice. You stuck in a ditch, you stuck in a ditch; ain't no way out.
5. Blues cars: Chevys and Cadillacs and broken-down trucks. Blues don't travel in Volvos, BMWs, or Sport Utility Vehicles. Most Blues transportation is a Greyhound bus or a southbound train. Jet aircraft an' state-sponsored motor pools ain't even in the running. Walkin' plays a major part in the blues lifestyle. So does fixin' to die.
6. Teenagers can't sing the Blues. They ain't fixin' to die yet. Adults sing the Blues. In Blues, " adulthood" means being old enough to get the electric chair if you shoot a man in Memphis.
7. Blues can take place in New York City but not in Hawaii or any place in Canada. Hard times in St. Paul or Tucson is just depression. Chicago, St. Louis, and Kansas City still the best places to have the Blues. You cannot have the blues in any place that don't get rain.
8. A man with male pattern baldness ain't the blues. A woman with male pattern baldness is. Breaking your leg cuz you skiing is not the blues. Breaking your leg cuz an alligator be chomping on it is.
9. You can't have no Blues in an office or a shopping mall. The lighting is wrong. Go outside to the parking lot or sit by the dumpster.
10. Good places for the Blues:
c. empty bed
d. bottom of a whiskey glass
b. gallery openings
c. Ivy League institutions
d. golf courses
11. No one will believe it's the Blues if you wear a suit, 'less you happen to be an old ethnic person, and you slept in it.
12. Do you have the right to sing the Blues? Yes, if:
a. you're older than dirt
b. you're blind
c. you shot a man in Memphis
d. you can't be satisfied
a. you have all your teeth
b. you were once blind but now can see
c. the man in Memphis lived.
d. you have a retirement plan or trust fund.
13. Blues is not a matter of color. It's a matter of bad luck. Tiger Woods cannot sing the blues. Gary Coleman could. Ugly white people also got a leg up on the blues.
2010 update : Tiger can nowadays sing the blues.
You know like this:
I got a good woman,
but she beats me with iron seven
Im f$^%ing everything whats moving
and I will not go to heaven.
and then some rhymes about stress – mistress etc.
14. If you ask for water and Baby give you gasoline, it's the Blues.
Other acceptable Blues beverages are:
b. whiskey or bourbon
c. muddy water
d. black coffee
The following are NOT Blues beverages:
a. mixed drinks
b. kosher wine
d. sparkling water
15. If it occurs in a cheap motel or a shotgun shack, it's a Blues death. Stabbed in the back by a jealous lover is another Blues way to die. So is the electric chair, substance abuse, and dying lonely on a broken down cot. You can't have a Blues death if you die during a tennis match or getting liposuction.
16. Some Blues names for women:
b. Big Mama
d. Fat River Dumpling
17. Some Blues names for men:
c. Little Willie
d. Big Willie
18. Persons with names like Sierra, Sequoia, Auburn, and Rainbow can't sing the Blues no matter how many men they shoot in Memphis.
19. Make your own Blues name (starter kit):
a. name of physical infirmity (Blind, Cripple, Lame, etc.)
b. first name (see above) plus name of fruit (Lemon, Lime, Kiwi,etc.)
c. last name of President (Jefferson, Johnson, Fillmore, etc.)
For example, Blind Lime Jefferson, or Cripple Kiwi Fillmore, etc.
(Well, maybe not "Kiwi.")
20. I don't care how tragic your life: you own a computer, you cannot sing the blues. You best destroy it. Fire, a spilled bottle of Mad Dog, or get out a shotgun. I don't care.